In a context of digitalisation and emergence of connected objects (IoT), DIMO Maint, a major player on the international computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) market and Arc Informatique, a global expert in supervision software, are offering building managers a comprehensive and innovative technological response to the evolution of BMS/BAS/SCADA systems and connected buildings’ new requirements.
These enable them to:
- Reduce buildings’ environmental impacts and increase their environmental performance: air quality and compliance with safety standards and regulations,
- Provide in-service support for equipment and other installations that provide services to occupants: electricity, air conditioning, heating, lifts, alarms, etc.
- Guarantee infrastructure safety and monitor controls and regulations,
- Coordinate and improve maintenance services as part of an ongoing quality approach,
- Reduce installation maintenance costs,
- Manage energy closely.
The major role of the CMMS in building installation performance
The CMMS guarantees that infrastructure performance is maintained and plays a key role in the quality and continuity of the service provided:
- Have a comprehensive, precise and scalable tree diagram of equipment and its location on the site(s) (remote or not),
- List and monitor all the administrative, technical and regulatory data,
- Plan preventive maintenance to avoid disrupting infrastructure operation and jeopardising quality of service,
- Manage maintainers’ contracts and monitor their work,
- Improve communication with occupants with a portal for entering and tracking requests
The CMMS has a direct effect on the improvement of equipment performance (reliability, availability and life cycle) and maintenance cost control (labour, buying parts and subcontracting).
Does the same apply for the PcVue MMI/SCADA supervision solution?.
As an expert in the supervision field for more than 35 years, PcVue is very broadly used in industrial control, building management, electricity distribution, the smart grid, sub-station automation, security, fire detection, transport, renewable energies and infrastructure.
PcVue is a comprehensive all-in-one solution that can supervise all the aspects of your installation.
PcVue, like all supervision systems, enables real-time control and function control, including a Man-Machine Interface (MMI) that enables the operator to view and control production, alarm management, trend display, data archiving and data acquisition.
The advantages of CMMS—Supervision/SCADA interconnection
Based on the secure feedback of reliable information (meter readings, alarms and measurements) in the CMMS, interconnection between DIMO Maint and PcVue software provides:
- Improved response times from maintenance teams
- Help with diagnostics through supervision/CMMS interaction
- Better information for teams managing processes and current and planned maintenance actions
- Automation of equipment operating time calculation, to plan preventive maintenance actions
- A reduction in production costs through improved means of production availability time
- Monitoring of work history, breakdowns, shutdown conditions and their analysis
- Automatic establishment of performance indicators and their dissemination
- Cost reduction: labour, spare parts, shutdown time, etc.
DIMO Maint and PcVue would like to meet you…
IBS — Intelligent Building Systems, service, industrial and communal building trade fair was held at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles on 2 and 3 October.
DIMO Maint and PcVue were delighted to welcome you on their stand and to answer your questions:
- guaranteeing occupants’ comfort through efficient and effective operation
- guaranteeing system availability and in-service support while controlling operating costs
- optimising return on investment while ensuring that regulatory requirements are met
Other upcoming events:
- On 19 and 20 November at the Mulhouse Parc Expo, visit the BE 4.0 trade fair and find us on a shared PcVue/DIMO Maint stand.